7th Tradition Letter (aka “Passing the Basket”)
The basket is now being passed.
Tradition Seven: “Every A.A. group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.” We have no dues or fees, but we do have expenses. These include rent for the listserver and web page, bank fees, and contributions to OIAA and GSO. Contributions are appreciated, and can be made by check or by PayPal. To keep you informed, the Treasurer’s Report of our contributions and expenses is posted in the ‘For Members’ section on our website. See procedures below.
To Contribute by Check:
Per group conscience, please make checks payable to [ Treasurer’s Name ] with “GROW” in the memo line and mail to:
[ Treasurer’s Address ]
If you want confirmation of contribution, please include your e-mail address.
To Contribute by PayPal:
To contribute using PayPal, first read “Important Note About PayPal” below so you do this safely. Then, go to PayPal’s secure website: (https://www.paypal.com/us/)
- If you don’t already have an account, sign up for a PayPal account
- Click the Send Money tab
- Enter an amount and recipient’s email, which is:[ PayPal email address set up by Treasurer]
- PayPal will send confirmation of your payment.
**Important Note About PayPal**
- If you choose to use PayPal, please remember that PayPal is a safe money-exchange operation if (and only if) you follow the safety recommendations posted on the PayPal website.
- To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox) and type in the PayPal URL (https://www.paypal.com/us/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.
- PayPal will send confirmation of payment. They will never ask for your password in an email. Always assume any email from PayPal asking for a reply is a scam and do not reply.
- To learn more about protecting yourself from fraud, visit the PayPal Security Center. Click “Security Center” on the bottom of any PayPal page.
- If you are at all uncomfortable using PayPal, consider sending your contribution by check.