Welcome to GROW! This is one of two emails you will receive from me with the information you need to start participating in our meeting right away. You might want to save these for future reference.
Sharing with the Group
Address your email to email@example.com your post will be sent to all members.
- Do not add any other addresses to the email or it will bounce. This includes addresses in the ‘Cc or ‘Bcc address fields.
Address your share to ONLY the firstname.lastname@example.org address. If another address is included (even if in the ‘Cc or ‘Bcc field) the email will bounce). The list is set up to accept messages that are addressed to Grow only. The individual(s) you send messages in addition to GROW will probably receive the message; however, the Grow list will not.
- Add email@example.com your Address Book to ensure GROW emails don’t go to your SPAM folder.
Replying to a Post
- Do not use the “Reply to All” option when you respond privately to another member’s post to GROW, as your personal message will also be directed to the GROW list and it will bounce to the Listkeepers.
- For those using phones and tablets, be aware that the default reply option is often “Reply to All.” Please double-check.
The volume of mail through the GROW list can be overwhelming. If you experience this, you might find it very helpful to choose one or more of the following:
- Create a separate email address to reduce the confusion of mixing GROW mail with your other email. Email the Listkeepers at firstname.lastname@example.org your new address. As an FYI, AOL and Yahoo addresses have been problematic for some members with the GROW list.
- If you use an existing email for GROW, you might create folders for your GROW email; filters can also be set up to direct GROW mail into the GROW folder.
- Request the Digest Version (a file containing the day’s posts in a single email) by contacting the Listkeepers at email@example.com.
A new meeting topic is sent to everyone on the list each Sunday and we share throughout the week. On topic and Off topic shares are welcome.
- Off topic posts should be appropriate for an AA meeting. Please note in your subject line if your share is Off topic (Off Topic: … )
- On topic posts are your shares on the weekly meeting topic. Please note in your subject line if your share is On topic (On Topic: … )
- Please do not type in all CAPS; this is considered to be yelling.
Web Site and Password
Visit the GROW web site for more information. The URL for GROW is: http://www.g-r-o-w.com. For the members only section you’ll need the password: sobertodayhow2484
If you have questions not answered by our website information, please write to me and I’ll be sure to answer them or send your questions to someone who can.
I hope Grateful Recovering Online Women is helpful to you in your journey and growth in sobriety.
[ Greeter Name ]
Grateful Recovering Online Women