Hi there! My name is Julie and I’m a grateful alcoholic. One of the first things I heard in the meetings I attended were “suggestions.” No one was telling me what to do, they simply shared what worked for them. I was intrigued and I listened. By being honest, open and willing to follow these suggestions, I noticed changes in my life, how I approached life on life’s terms.
Some suggestions that worked for me, and continue to do so…
- Go to three meetings a week.
- Reach out to my sponsor three times a week.
- Call at least three alcoholics a day… I don’t do this and I really should. I try to call at least three a week.
- Wake up, hit my knees, and ask God for patience, tolerance, love and compassion… And to follow his will.
- Before bed, hit my knees, again, and thank God for another day sober.
- Humble yourself and ask for help.
- Make a gratitude list.
- Relax and take it easy.
- Trust and have faith.
- Get busy with service and carry the message.
- Keep it simple!
Please share with us what was suggested to you that works for you in your sobriety today!
Thank you for letting me be of service!
Julie K 5/17/12