October 2018 Business Meeting Open
Greetings GROW Members:
The October 2018 Business Meeting (GROW-BUS) is now open. If you wish to participate, please send an email to the following address requesting to join the Business List firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have not already done so.
- Send all replies, comments and votes to email@example.com.
- Do not hit reply to this email or your request will come to me instead of the Listkeepers.
- Do not send your request to the GROW meeting list, or your request may be overlooked.
- Trusted Servants (both Incoming and Outgoing) are automatically subscribed by our Listkeepers.
- If you are not a Trusted Servant, remember that even if you were subscribed for a previous GROW Business Meeting, you must subscribe again, as all names are removed from the list at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for October 2018 Business Meeting
Trusted Servant Reports:
- Secretary – Incoming/Outgoing Trusted Servants
- Treasurer – Donations to GROW and Expenses paid
- Listkeepers – Current number of GROW members
- Business Meeting Chair – Activities of the “Mini” Steering Committee
- General Services Representative – Activities of AA’s General Service Board and the Box 4-5-9 Newsletter
- Grapevine Representative – Activities to inform GROW members about articles and information available in AA’s Grapevine, the international journal of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- OIAA Representative – Activities of the Online Intergroup of AA
In the October 2018 meeting, an ad hoc committee began developing and implementing a new GROW website. Our first business will be to receive and discuss the workgroup’s progress to date and talk about next steps (Proposal 1).
In addition to GROW’s website, participants in this meeting will consider several proposals:
- Change the monthly FYI letter sent out by the Secretary.
- Add a sentence to the Weekly Meeting Format Letter to emphasize our principle of anonymity.
- Increase the amount of our biannual contribution to oso-aa.org.
- Create a Newcomer Committee to support the Temporary Mentor to assure quick responses to questions and issues and to help new members adjust to the online meeting format and practices.
- Each month, the Temporary Mentor will send a short letter reminding GROW members of AA resources available to them.
- Abolish the Trusted Servant position of OIAA Representative and discontinue GROW’s participation in that group.
- Review Group Inventory responses to identify appropriate changes that will improve our online meeting.
I look forward to your participation at the meeting!
GROW Business Chairdmcd.firstname.lastname@example.org