Proposal 2.6.a: Change the GROW Webpage to Align with the Changes Suggested Concerning Online Sponsors
Rationale: After removing the available online sponsors webpage, GROW should address using online sponsors to help our members, especially our new members, navigate the process of finding an online sponsor.
(See Recommended Language under Group Conscience Decision below.)
Minority Opinion Discussion on Proposal 2.6.a
- I disagree because the member is in the members only section, the password is no longer necessary. We could change the language to something like … You can find the current trusted servant’s email in the list of Grow’s current Trusted Servants.
- I agree with Laurie, in that I think we should delete the last sentence of the last paragraph that addresses the password. It’s not needed because the member would already be in the members’ section. Therefore, I change my vote to “No.”
- I also feel the password should be deleted/is unnecessary
- Thank you, members. Here is why I voted No on Proposal 2.6 for the Sponsor pages. I agree with Laurie’s comment and I would like to add that I want our new web site to be accurate. It would be nice to keep it simple and not filled with errors and redundancies.
- The web site password on this page is redundant and should be excluded. Not only that, but it could confuse a new member, since the website will not call for the password again.
- To me this could be seen as a housekeeping item and taken care of by webkeepers, but since it came up in the Proposal, we need to straighten it out in the business meeting.
Results of Voting on Proposal 2.6.a
Proposal 2.6.a received 14 yes and 0 no votes. The motion passes.
Group Conscience Decision
Add the introductory paragraphs to the online sponsor webpage at g-r-o-w.com/member-welcome/trusted-servants/online-sponsors/ that addresses online sponsorship.
Many of us have found there is nothing like a live voice at the end of the phone, or a warm hug in face-to-face contact when we are overwhelmed with a problem in our lives. On-line sponsorship can add another dimension to your recovery as do on-line meetings. Each month, GROW provides a list of available online sponsors who have volunteered for this service. Please be aware that you can also ask anyone in GROW to be your sponsor. Online sponsors are not limited to this list. Know that it may take a few trials to find the right fit for you in a Sponsor.
GROW’s Sponsor Listkeeper sends out the list of available online sponsors at the beginning of each month. If you want to contact our Sponsor Listkeeper, you can find the e-mail address of the current Trusted Servant by going to the Members section on our website at http://g-r-o-w.com/member-welcome/trusted-servants/. At the bottom of the page will be a link to the current roster. Look for the Sponsor Listkeeper on that list.